Monday, March 10, 2008

Working Hard for Our Site

Well, wouldn't you know it. Last night we couldn't get to sleep until 1:30. We lost two hours coming here from Texas, one from the different zone and the other because we set our clocks up an hour Sat night. No problem, we're tired, right? We couldn't believe we couldn't sleep. And we had to get up at 6 to get ready for volunteering. Today we did rake Spanish moss(and to think I used to pay for the stuff at the craft store) and picked up limbs and pieces of palm trees. I know all the volunteers were sore tonight. We sure were. And I got the privilege of working in the coffee shop from 2-4 and 8:15-9, which was 9:45 by the time we cleaned up. We being my dear hubby. I asked him to come help me in case a lot of people came in. They all came in at once and I couldn't have done it without his caring help. He is such a blessing. I know he was worn out from today. And I would have probably still been there cleaning up if he hadn't come. It was really extra special working there tonight because a lot of the patrons were blind. They're here all week for a seminar and most of them have a sighted person along to help. You have to be a little more conscious of handing people their change and their purchases. What a blessing to serve them. Gary has never worked in the restaurant business, but he caught on quick.!My early waitressing days have come in handy on both this job and the last. I just hope I smiled enough, because when I work I become very task oriented and because we were so busy, I barley had time to think . Well, time to retire and I don't think I will have trouble sleeping tonight. God Bless til tomorrow. We're just passing through........

No comments: