Saturday, February 2, 2008

First Day Of Volunteering At Care




It is now 7:40 and we just got in from volunteering. Care is a place in the Escapees network where people who are fulltimers but are recouperating or can't stay on the road because of health problems come and stay. There are people on staff, but a lot of the work is done by volunteers. Tonight we worked with a great lady by the name of Ellie. She too is a volunteer and was very thorough in training us. We helped prepare food, did dishes, cleaned up and such. My feet are killing me(Sally) but it was fun. Tomorrow we work from about 9-1 and again at 2-4.

Today was a beautiful day weather wise. It was in the 70's and sunshine and a cool wind blowing! We had a leisure morning(I didn't get up until around 9:30) and we sat outside for awhile before going to work.

Yesterday was a do nothing day. We didn't even get dressed til around 11. Gary commented how he felt guilty for that because for years he got up at 5am. I just told him this is a different life and enjoy it!

I talked to my good friend Kathy back home in Indy this am. It was sooo good to hear her. She has been a dear friend for about 4 years. Her sister passed from cancer about 3 years ago and so when I went through cancer and chemo she was such a help and support for me. Some of the feelings or questions I had, her sister had also had and Kathy was able to encourage me by the things her sister had said or experienced.

Again, because I didn't start this blog sooner, I want to throw in some pics along the way of some places we were. There is a campground in Carrabelle, Fla by the name of HO-HUM . It is right on thegulf. There isn't anything there but a beautiful view. We parked on the water and the sunset was awesome. And the price was only $29 a night on the water. So the pics at the top of the page are of that site.

Well, we are going to watch some t.v. and retire. Can't wait to see what God has in store for tomorrow. Be blessed!

1 comment:

Kari said...

Nice pics, mama! I just put two new picture blog posts up on my site. Just thought you might like to know!